Friday, August 21, 2009

Days 23-24 Progress Report

Day 23 (August 20) - Got two hours of sleep the night before, since I was busy packing for Taiwan. Managed about a page and a half of handwritten flashback story between sleeping on the plane to L.A. And then the rest of the day was eating at Curry House, sleeping, driving places, and eating steak at L.A. Prime. Yum. I don't think I've consumed that many calories in one day since last month.

Day 24 (August 21) - Woke up early (for California time, anyway) and got the first scene and then some of the K and Ya flashback sequence done. It's somehow refreshing to be writing from K's perspective with no H involved. H is always a difficult person to narrate for, even though she's more clearheaded than K and more appropriate as the POV character, most of the time.

It's also pleasing to transform the first two paragraphs I handwrote yesterday into two typed pages.

Discovery of the day: Yams and sweet potatoes are different! Yes, this is relevant to my story. I have a yam in there, and I was wondering if it was okay to interchangeably refer to it as sweet potato. (Thief, you're wrong!)

1 comment:

Jerry said...

Oh no! Actually isn't it Green Guy that's wrong? I'm not sure anymore...