Thursday, August 20, 2009

Day 22 Progress Report

Day 22 (August 19) - In addition to my non-human guy character, I had a human guy character who was supposed to be a supporting character in most of the story. But when I did my outline last night, I realized I had nothing for him to do. He was just an accessory for my other supporting character. So instead of having him hang off her arm doing nothing the whole time, I made him less noble and had him exit after only a chapter. Maybe I'm not representing men very well in my story. But if that's the case, it's better to be rid of them than have a flat character taking up space.

Finished my outline at noon. Three pages with a chapter-by-chapter breakdown. Maybe I should aim for having thirteen chapters. Unlucky thirteen. Of course, it really comes down to story progression and pacing. As of this moment, my outline calls for fourteen chapters. And who knows how it'll really go once I get to drafting. Anyways, having a finished outline that actually provides a fairly plausible storyline from beginning to end is a great relief.

Busy packing tonight...As I go through my shitajiki and anime folder collection, I realize that the only series right now I really like merchandise for is Gintama. Naruto stuff is nice too, but it's second to Gintama. Interesting. So I'm bringing some Gintama shitajiki for the heck of it, but I'm not bringing any of my anime folders. Nyanko folders are more bearable to use (I prize them less) while also being interesting but not too distracting. I think my taste in stationary is quite good, but when it comes down to what I actually use, most of it is utilitarian and plain in design.

No comments: