Sunday, August 16, 2009

Day 18-19 Progress Report

Day 18 (August 15) - Did some brief character sketching. Highly unproductive day.

Day 19 (August 16) - Jotted down some ideas for the second half. I've been writing notes on the back of these big monthly calendar sheets. It feels very good, and it's easy to skim over when I need to review my notes. A big blank piece of paper doesn't have the constraint of lines, nor the constraint of space. I like scribbling notes and drawing diagrams freely.

Anyways, I skipped ahead (or back, in one sense) to a memory sequence. THE memory sequence, essentially. And finally ideas and words are coming, and at last, the past is becoming a little less hazy. Then I hopped back to Chapter 7, skipped the first few completely unorganized pages of potential dialogue, and expanded on a scene marker.

Sometimes I find myself writing lines very suggestive of a mysterious grand plot. The character thinks, if X happens, then everything is finished! ...I only wish I knew what was being finished, and why. Tell me! T_T

No comments: