Friday, November 12, 2010

This morning I flailed, but I made it! The previous night, I went to bed much later than usual, almost midnight (as opposed to 9 p.m.) due to putting in a few serious hours on my Japanese history paper and watching several fabulous episodes of the fabulous anime about American football, Eyeshield 21 (Deimon vs. Shinryuuji game). I set my alarm and woke up with it at 4:20 a.m., but with so little sleep, I was far too tired, and yes, wasted, to apply myself to writing. Plus I hadn't finished the Deimon vs. Shinryuuji game yet and had had dreams about how Deimon could pull off a 20-point touchdown, so I ended up watching the last three episodes of the game. Which worked to wake me up because I have never fallen asleep while watching anime. Then I took a shower, and then I forced myself past my reluctance to write and my uncertainty about where to take the story. And I wrote. And I somehow produced a page with plot progression that I can build on. Thank goodness. Sometimes you just really have to power through.

It was a bit risky to watch anime first thing in the morning instead of writing or showering, but it worked out. Day 12 of NaNo and still going strong.

Also, arrangements have been made for my visit to Purdue in a bit over a week! People there sound very nice, and I am quite looking forward to it!

No comments: