Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Sky

As far as description goes, I really like writing about the sky. It's usually only a sentence (because unless it's a really unusual sky, who really wants to read about the sky for more than a sentence?), but that's more than enough. There're a million different ways to describe the sky, based on the colors, time of day, and how you're feeling. I have trouble describing anything poetically, but at least with the sky, I try. It's pleasing to come up with a new way to describe the sky. I think my bias will be obvious once I get my story written. Chapter 3 has two sky descriptions so far.

1 comment:

lb said...

ahahaha. i'd probably be shoving 10 sentences about the sky or the wind or the air at the reader if i were writing a novel. that's why i shouldn't write one....