Sunday, November 1, 2009

It's NaNoWriMo month! I'm participating in my own version--50,000 net words for my work in progress is the goal for this month (net words meaning the things I delete and then write in don't count. So if my total word count for my novel at the beginning of this month is 59,365 words, I'm aiming for 109,365 words at the end of this month. Almost double what I have. If it goes well, it should be a very productive month).

Also looking into MFA programs in creative writing and MA programs in East Asian Studies. Should aim to get apps done and ready to send by the end of this month too, somehow...=_= Well, okay. Taking into account the traveling I will be doing in the latter third of the month, within the first couple days of December should be more realistic. I just need to remember things take longer to send from here.

2 comments:

lb said...

what's nanowrimo? ahaha....

are you going haywire, writing and deleting with the speed of lightning? come visit me~! i'm so near.... (pout) it might help you write more and delete less afterwards. after all, i'm a great source of inspiration. hehehee

Tiffany said...

NaNoWriMo is National Novel Writing Month (NaNo for short). I am failing miserably because I'm also worrying about grad school applications and such.

I'm thinking of visiting in the spring. You'll still be around, I hope? I want to try and get my residency certification in Taiwan first, and I would need to stay here for 4 months without leaving. But I'm going to visit Japan at the end of the month, so I'll have to start counting after I get back. I do plan to visit though! If you can, you should come visit me too! And yes, you are a great source of inspiration, hehe. ^_^