Thursday, July 30, 2009

Revisiting Chapters 1-3

Uggwaah! I completely re-did K's character in Chapter One. Which is a good thing, because now she's crazy again, instead of angsty. And I did it all in one day too. Good progress, right? But then I got to Chapter Two, which I thought was good before. In light of all the plot complications I came up with the other day though, it needs revising. So much revising. Not to mention polishing in general, which I can see now that I've been away from it for so many months. I put most of that off and moved on to re-read Chapter Three. I'm a fourth of the way through reading, and it's already obvious to me that I'll need to do more major scrapping and rewriting. Yeah, thanks for changing your character on me, K. Nice of you to finally figure out your motivations, only they're so twisted I can't even get them straight. You kill me, you absolutely kill me.

*reads further into Chapter Three* Oh, K. Plot-wise, you cause me endless trouble, but you have such great lines. You're just so funny, so brilliantly crazy. I think I have a love/hate relationship with you.

No comments: