Sunday, November 9, 2008

Chapter 3

Editing and rewriting the first few pages of chapter 3 for the nth time. How many times will it take before I get it right, seriously? Mostly it was minor edits and revisions until character H encounters character K. The ensuing conversation between them is taking yet another 90 degree turn from what it was before. Arrrrrggghhh. Why do I not understand my characters? Why can I not write chapter 3?

(_ _)9" <--This, my friend explained to me, is a downward looking face with a fist beating its head. If I could get it to look like it was banging its head against the wall, I would. Anyway. I was supposed to have chapter 3 done at the end of October, and now we're one-third through November. Gah! And by the end of page 12, my characters had gotten so fed up with my incompetence that K said some very rude and impatient things to H (and to me) and along with that, made some surprisingly good suggestions. Surprisingly good suggestions that require me to go all the way back to the beginning and rewrite/majorly revise again. But at least they should work better than what I have. See, your characters can have pity on you and help you out if you get too stuck. ^_^

And happy birthday tomorrow, you. Which would be your today.

1 comment:

Jerry said...

Thank you! I hope you're talking about me...